This is a recipe I got from Tasty Kitchen and it is so good! So quick and easy to put together for a weeknight meal.
Recipe adapted from: Tasty Kitchen
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 cup Yellow Onion, Chopped
- 3 Stalks Celery with Leaves, Chopped
- 1 large Red Bell Pepper, Chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic Chopped
- 3 Tablespoons Flour
- 1 can 8 Ounce) Tomato Sauce
- 1 can (14 Ounce) Chicken Broth, low sodium
- ⅛ teaspoons Black Pepper
- ⅛ teaspoons White Pepper
- 1/2 to 1 tsp. Creole seasoning
- 1 pound Medium Shrimp, Peeled And Deveined
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 2 whole Bay Leaves
1. In a large skillet melt butter.
2. Add oil.
3. Over medium heat sauté all seasonings until wilted, about 5 minutes.
4. Add flour and blend well.
5. Add tomato sauce and broth.
6. Add black pepper, white pepper and creole seasoning.
7. Bring to a low boil then reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
8. Add shrimp, lemon juice, Bay leaves, cover and simmer for 20 minutes longer.
9. Remove pot from the heat and allow to stand, covered, at room temperature for about 10 minutes before serving.
Serve with Brown Rice and add Hot Sauce to your liking.