Lemon Sugar Cookies
- 2-¾ cups self-rising Flour
- 1 cup Unsalted Butter (two sticks)
- 1-½ cup Sugar, Plus 1/2 Cup For Rolling
- 1 Egg
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 4 to 5 Tablespoons Fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 Large Lemons, Zested (about two Tablespoons of zest)
In a large bowl, cream the butter and 1 – 1/2 cups sugar until smooth. Beat in the egg, vanilla, lemon juice and zest. Mix until fully incorporated.
Slowly add the flour and mix until a dough forms.
Roll tablespoon-sized balls of dough in the extra sugar. Place on a cookie sheet 2 inches apart.
Bake 8–10 minutes or until very lightly browned.
Let cool, then enjoy!