This may look like regular white gravy. But, it’s actually homemade chicken gravy. I made some chicken and dressing today and I was out of canned chicken gravy. *gasp canned chicken gravy* who eats that stuff. (I do, sometimes) hee. Anyway, I had to come up with some kind of gravy for my chicken & dressing ’cause I did not want to run to the store.
Recipe adapted from: MyRecipes.
It’s really good when you’re in a pinch!
Chicken Broth Gravy
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour (I used self-rising) it’s all I had
- 1 (10 1/2-ounce) can chicken broth, undiluted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- Black Pepper, to taste
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Whisk in flour, and cook, whisking constantly, 1 minute. Whisk in broth and remaining ingredients. Cook over medium heat, whisking often, 10 to 15 minutes or until mixture thickens.