These sauteed apples are good on their own – or you can add them to a pie crust for a quick apple pie.
Sauteed Apple recipe adapted from: Allrecipes
Sautéed Apples – Apple Pie
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4 large tart apples, peeled, cored and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- couple dashes, apple pie spice mix, optional
- premade pie crust
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; add apples. Cook, stirring constantly, until apples are almost tender, about 6 to 7 minutes.
- Dissolve cornstarch in water; add to skillet. Stir in brown sugar, cinnamon and apple pie spice mix. Boil for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- Unroll pie crust onto a pie pan; prick crust with fork all over. Add sautéed apples to pie crust; fold sides of dough over apples. Bake in preheated oven 425 degrees F for 10 to 12 minutes.