This bread exceeded my expectations; it turned out great – much to my surprise!
My bread machine….
Taking a peek at the bread….it’s done!!
Getting it out of the pan is always tricky. I remove the paddles after the kneading process is complete, so it doesn’t have two great big holes on the bottom of the bread.
Freshly sliced wheat bread. That is, if I could slice it straight.
Here’s the recipe….. I found it over at, Taste of Home.
Bread Machine – Wheat Bread
- 1/2 cup warm milk (70° to 80°)
- 1/2 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds).
My Notes: Make sure the egg and butter are at room temperature. Nothing cold should go into your bread making! The yeast just doesn’t approve of it. 🙂 Dang yeast- it demands a lot!